About Martha Heller
President, Heller Search Associates
Contributing Editor, CIO magazine
Author of The CIO Paradox: Battling the Contradictions of IT Leadership
(508) 366-7005 ext. 301 | email@example.com
Public speaking information
Martha and her team at Heller Search Associates specialize in recruiting CIOs and other IT executives across multiple industries. Prior to founding Heller Search, Martha was Managing Director of the IT Leadership Practice at ZRG Partners, a global executive search firm.
Before she established her career in executive search, Martha was Founder and Managing Director of CIO magazine’s CIO Executive Council, a professional organization for CIOs.
At the Council, Martha developed leadership programs for CIOs and directed the CIO Best Practice Exchange, a members-only network of CIOs from top-tier organizations. During her seven-year tenure at CIO magazine, Martha wrote a weekly column on IT leadership and led a series of executive events on IT staffing, career development, and leadership. Before CIO, Martha was an editor at Rutgers University Press.
Martha continues to engage with CIO audiences. She is CIO magazine’s CIO Paradox columnist, author of CIO.com’s Movers & Shakers blog and author of You and Your CIO, a blog on CFO.com. Martha has presented on “the CIO career” at CIO magazine events, CIO Executive Summit, MIT’s emerging technology conference, SIM, the United Nations Forum on Women and Technology and numerous academic executive programs. Martha is also a judge for CIO magazine’s prestigious CIO 100 Awards.
Martha received her B.A. in English from Hamilton College and her M.A. in English from SUNY Stony Brook. Martha lives near Boston with her husband, two children and two dogs.
- 10+ years building a premier CIO network
- Joined CIO magazine in 1999
- Founded CIO Executive Council in 2003
- Joined ZRG Partners in 2005
- Built IT Leadership Practice from scratch
- Monthly column in CIO magazine
- Bi-weekly Movers & Shakers blog
- Regular IT industry events speaker
- Judge for CIO 100 awards
- Founded Heller Search Associates in 2010
- Column: 200,000 readers monthly
- Movers & Shakers blog: 100,000 readers biweekly
- Conferences: 2,000 attendees annually
- Linked in: 1,300 direct connections
- Database: 5,000 known, updated records
- CIO Executive Council membership:
700 active relationships
- Unmatched access to IT executive talent pool
- Unmatched knowledge of IT leadership roles